Where Music Lives

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

REDBANK,NJ A PLACE FOR MUSIC

September 9th 2009, Redbank, NJ
On Wednesday I took a trip to see a great friend down in Ocean Grove, NJ. Upon arrival a great lunch with champagne was waiting for me. What a treat! After looking around the town of Ocean Grove I went off to my meeting in Redbank, NJ.



I never really took a close look at Redbank, but I have to report this is cute town and worth going back to. Maybe visit Redbank around the Holidays!?
I received a call from The Doughboys bass player Mike Caruso who suggested I should make a stop in Jack's Music Shoppe and check out their inventory of cds of local New Jersey bands.


They carry The Doughboys cd "Is it Now?" !!! If you are looking for a store to buy their cd you can at this cool place in Redbank, NJ
Plus you will find your favorite local bands cds too.






Also I found extra copies, to my relief of the Aquarian, which has a nice article of The Doughboys who played live at Fort Dix with Plainfield Slim & The Groundhawgs on 8/8/09.




My contact for covering our Fort Dix experience and witting a great piece in the Aquarian is John Pfeiffer. John did an excellent job covering the event.
Thank you John for putting "The Doughboys at Fort Dix" on the front cover of this issue and the full article on page 26!

A few doors down from Jack's I found a real cool store called Funk & Standard - Variety Store. I met a real nice person working there called MacKenzie. Her brother's band The Gay Blades are opening up at the Starland Ballroom for 30H!3 on September 11th Doors open at 5:00pm. You can find some real affordable fashion in this store. They had cool hats and tops which are really unique in their styles. There was also a section with funny books and great gifts.










This is a great place for Christmas shopping this year.





Then I took a walk to Count Basie Theatre around the corner of Broad Street. I met with Izzy of the theater management and talked to him about The Doughboys, Plainfield Slim and Bob Lanza. I gave him the information about the bands, which he took upstairs to his team. The Count Basie Theatre has some great acts scheduled in the next months coming.

My experience of Redbank was wonderful today and I will go back there soon to follow up on the Press Kits I left behind. I will get there a little earlier in the day perhaps so that all shops are open for me to explore. That would be fun.



Monique
MoPromo


No comments:

Post a Comment